It is safe to say that the one thing you cannot depend on is the weather people. Why? Simply put, the weather seems to have become completely unpredictable.
This year in the North East we went from 70 degree days to 13 degree days overnight. Now we are faced with an outbreak of the common cold and pipe breaks. Both are a pain in the butt, however one of them costs a lot more than the other.
Common Locations of Freezing Pipes:
- Outside spigots
- Crawl spaces
- Plumbing in external walls
- Shore Homes
- Sprinkler systems
- and more…
What do you do?
- Prepare… simply put you need to be ready.
- Go into your crawl space and shut off outside water lines and then turn those faucets on to ensure that the lines have no water in them.
- Add insulation to exterior walls that have pipes in them.
- Most of all, know where your water shut off is to the house.
When the weather warms up again, if you have a water break that causes damage to your home, contact the professionals at ServiceMaster Restore to get your home dried, cleaned up, and rebuilt to its pre-damage condition. We are here for you 24/7.